If you’ve ever set up a website, blog, social media page, etc., you know it takes time AND lot’s of answers. Answers to questions you’ve never thought to ask yourself before. I was confronted with this question today: “what’s your tagline?” Tagline? I even looked it up, I wanted to ensure I filled this in properly. Tagline defined: a memorable phrase or sentence that is closely associated with a particular person, product, movie, etc.
That’s a bit of a problem. I don’t have a tagline. Furthermore, I’m creating a new brand. I barely have a logo let alone a tagline! So, I got out my notebook (paper and pencil; somethings are best completed in their traditional analog format) and starting writing down poignant words and phrases. Most were trite, cliche or poorly suited for the Endeavor brand. Ultimately I settled on one: Rise Above. As you will likely see this tagline at some point, I thought I’d share some insight about what it means and how it applies to you.
Let’s “zoom out.” I’d like for you to think about a story that has really inspired you lately.
—STOP. REALLY THINK ABOUT IT!—
Who was the champion? What did they have to overcome?
Most compelling films, books and success stories have a central theme: rising above. The details may vary greatly but the theme does not. For example:
- Rising above the negativity of others and pursuing their passion.
- Scoring an incredible game winning touchdown on a broken leg.
- Putting everything at risk to start a business then watching it thrive.
- Righting past wrongs to reunite a family.
Whatever the plot line, we all love a champion. A champion rises above! In business (and in life) we’re faced with distractions, challenges, fear, opposition, competition, etc.. I submit to you that:
“What you face in life is far less important than how you face it.”
I hope that the insight you get from Endeavor enables you to face challenges head on and with confidence.I hope you are empowered to Rise Above whatever circumstances threaten your goals. I’d consider it a privilege to help you become the champion of your own success story.
Now I have a couple questions for you! Don’t worry, I won’t ask you for your tagline. :). However, I will ask you to grab a pen and paper for a quick activity (20-30 minutes):
- What are 5 goals that you have for your career or business?
- What are 5 goals that you have for your personal life and/or family?
- What are 2 obstacles that are delaying or preventing you from obtaining each goal. (You should have a total of 20 obstacles once complete).
- Circle or highlight all of the obstacles that are within your control.
- What is one habit you can put into practice daily to help you Rise Above?
Now that we’ve defined our taglines and obstacles let’s roll up our sleeves and get some work done!
Thanks for reading!